Diseases that were never heard of have now become so usual for everyone that every other person suffers from them. Joint pain is now a very normal thing for young ones as well as older people.
These days whenever you meet people one common complaint made by all of them will be the issue of joint pain. Some people face this kind of pain in their knees and some face it in their wrists and hands. This consistent pain hinders the daily activities of the ones who suffer and leads to a constant medical problem called rheumatoid arthritis.
Our surroundings and the food we eat have made us all lose the strength of our immune system, this leads to cause many autoimmune diseases among which rheumatoid arthritis is also very common.
What Does a Patient Experience in Rheumatoid Arthritis? (i)
People who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis must keep themselves prepared as they are going to suffer from the below given rheumatoid arthritis signs.
- Painful joints, like knees and wrists, sometimes affect one side of the body and sometimes both.
- Swelling on the area that has developed pain.
- Feeling weak and tired.
- Stiffness in the joints.
- Continuous loss of weight over time.
Rheumatoid arthritis is common among people who have faced an autoimmune response. When it comes to understanding the rheumatoid arthritis causes, you can conclude that this happens because your immune system attacks your own body causing inflammation in the joint that further turns into this disease. Therefore, you must always keep a check on the rheumatoid arthritis symptoms as they keep on worsening with time if not paid any attention.
Risk Factors of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Anyone can suffer this condition who has a weak immune response, however; certain people may be at a higher risk of developing this condition.
- Age plays a very important role in the development of this condition, people who have crossed their age after 60 years are likely to develop this condition more than younger ones.
- Women are at higher risk of developing this condition as compared to men.
- It could be an inherited problem.
- People who have a habit of smoking may be at a higher risk of developing this condition as smoking causes inflammation.
- Environmental factors may be responsible for causing this disease.
- Being obese causes people to develop the risk of rheumatoid arthritis as well.
- Controlling Rheumatoid Arthritis by Lifestyle Changes
- Although your doctor may prescribe you different, rheumatoid arthritis treatment options like medications, painkillers, and sessions of physiotherapies, however, you can bring about a massive reduction in the symptoms simply by changing your lifestyle a bit.
- If you are inactive most of the day you should start getting active, the more active you are the lesser would be the joint pain. Hence develop an exercise routine in your life and you can control rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cut down on your habit of smoking, it may be one of a cause giving rise to the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and hence you may get rid of it provided that you quit on your smoking habit.
- It is very important to maintain your weight. Being obese is never good for your health and the same applies to rheumatoid arthritis as well so make sure to keep a check on your weight so that you may get rid of this condition or at least control its symptoms.
- Try to take a healthy diet so that your immune system gets strengthen and hence the symptoms may be managed in a better way.
Foods to Avoid when Suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis (ii)
Apart from bringing certain lifestyle changes there could be some food items as well that you must avoid if you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. The intake of these food items may cause your symptoms to worsen and reduce your chances of recovery.
Fried food is always harmful to health, being fried in oil causes inflammation to increase in the body. Apart from rheumatoid arthritis, this inflammation is harmful in many aspects and hence must be avoided. Therefore, always make sure to avoid all kinds of fried food especially when you are already suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
Avoid Sugar Based Products
When suffering from rheumatoid arthritis the main aim of getting rid of it is to lose weight. Hence, you should cut down on all the sugary stuff you consume. No matter these are baked goods or soft drinks these are all going to be very harmful to your overall health and hence must be avoided at all costs.
People who have a sweet tooth will cut down on refined sugars but at the same time will replace them with artificial sweeteners. However, as much as refined sugar is harmful for patients of rheumatoid arthritis using an artificial sweetener is also very harmful. Hence, a person must cut down on its usage as well.
Consuming of Dairy Products
Dairy products have a lot of benefits and offer a series of nutrients for a person. However, in certain cases, these may be responsible for causing inflammation in the body. Therefore, if you are already suffering from rheumatoid arthritis you should try to cut down an excessive consumption of dairy products.
Salt and Preservatives
The role played by salt and preservatives in your food may cause to be a major cause of inflammation in the joints. Hence, you must cut down on foods that call out to be preserved, and at the same time, you should also try to avoid adding excessive salt to the food you consume.
Suffering from a medical condition might not be in your hands, but managing that condition in a fruitful way that leads to healing may be very essential. Hence, you should try your best to take all those measures that allow you to get rid of all the rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Therefore, you should take a lot of care about how you spend your daily routine and what you consume when it comes to food.